Thawte™ Notary

When you first enroll in the Thawte™ Personal Certification System your identity is not trusted. To get your certificate/identity trusted you need to find some Web of Trust (WOT) Notaries in your area. I'm a WOT notary and I am here to help in this process.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Public Key . . . .

Get my public key by sending me an email requesting it, and I'll send you a signed email that will contain my public key---you can inspect that public key for authenticity, that is, it has been authenticated to be owned by Ronald Bannon. Yes, that's a picture of me, and you may need that to help identify me. Actually, most people seeking authentication have no idea what the notaries look like, and we meet in a very public setting, so a visual reference will help.


4 Comments:

Blogger Ron Bannon said...

Please feel free to leave a comment.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. So, is this for offline notarizations? Like for a will, or loan or something. I think the mobile notary industry is moving in this direction, but it will take years...

1:52 AM  
Blogger Ron Bannon said...

No, this service is strictly for people interested in secure and authenticated email.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a public key?

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home